- Celebrating The Plan of Nashville: Avenues to a Great City
- Showcases visionary thought leader discussing issues of urban design and civic engagement
- Opportunity to present the work it has accomplished over the past year
- Highlighting projects in Nashville that illustrate how the city is moving forward
- NCDC’s major fundraising event
- Attendance averages more than 700 design professionals
- Developers, civic leaders, and government leaders, state and local elected officials, engaged citizens and students
Location: Music City Center, 201 5th Avenue South, Karl F. Dean Grand Ballroom
When: Thursday, November 2nd, 2017
Check-In: 11:00 - 11:30 am
Lunch + Program: 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Individual tickets go on sale October 2nd!
Majora Carter is a leading urban revitalization strategy consultant, real estate developer, and Peabody Award winning broadcaster. She is responsible for the creation & implementation of numerous green-infrastructure projects, policies, and job training & placement systems. At Sustainable South Bronx, Carter deployed MIT’s first ever Mobile Fab-Lab(digital fabrication laboratory) to the South Bronx - where it served as an early iteration of the “Maker-Spaces” found elsewhere today. The project drew residents and visitors together for guided and creative collaborations. After establishing Sustainable South Bronx and Green For All (among other organizations) to carry on that work, she opened a private consulting firm to help spread the message and success of social enterprise and economic development in low-status communities - which was named Best for the Worldby B-Corp.
To become a sponsor, complete the Online Sponsor Form.