Come see what TURBO Nashville is up to
TURBO Nashville will be setting up a parklet and also featuring tables and chairs for a eating area in conjunction with food trucks that will be there.
Learn more about TURBO Nashville
When: June 27, 2015 from 11-2pm
Where: 11th Ave from Charlotte to Division Street, and Division Street from 11th to 8th.
The main activity at an Open Streets event is the street itself. Bring your friends and family to walk, bike, and see our city from a new perspective. There will also be numerous activities to participate in including:
- Open Streets Parade (Ride or walk with the Mayor at 11am under Church Street Bridge)
- Cross Fit stations presented by Cross Fit Gulch
- The Frog Princess, presented by Nashville Public Library's Puppet Truck
- Food Trucks
- Free B-Cycle rides at 3 kiosks along the route (be sure to become a member first to ensure fast check out)
- Playing by Air jugglers and breakdancers
- Special deals from Gulch Businesses
- Live Music at Hawkins Stage by Party Fowl
- 11am Lynn Taylor and the Barflies
- 12pm The Shy
- 1pm Supershaker
- And much, much more!
PARKS MINI-FITNESS CLASSES
- 11:20 – 11:35 – Copernicus Johnson: Boot Camp
- 11:40 – 11:55 – Mina Kashani : Yoga
- 12:00 – 12:15 – Kathy Moore: Pound
- 12:20 – 12:35
- 1:00 – 1:15 – Tucky Myhre: Hip Hop
- 1:20 – 1:35
- 1:40 – 1:55- Anthony Cooper: Boot Camp
You can walk to Open Streets. It's just a mile from downtown, a mile from Vanderbilt, and two miles from Sevier Park
We'll have lots of bike parking and Nashville B-Cycle will have 3 kiosks set up to check bikes in and out.
Nashville MTA is giving free rides to anyone heading to or from Open Streets. Just let them know that you are attending!
Routes Serving Open Streets:
- Route 8 8th Avenue South – 8th Avenue South & Division Street (to & from downtown)
- Routes 10 & 50 Charlotte Local and Charlotte BRT Lite – Charlotte at 11th Avenue South (to & from downtown)
- Route 17 12th Avenue South – 8th & Division on detour route from downtown / 12th & Division or 8th & Division on detour route to downtown
- Route 61 Green Circuit– Demonbreun before 12th southbound / Demonbreun before 10th northbound
BY SHARED CAR:
You can catch a cab, Uber, or Lyft and be dropped off on Division, Demonbreun, 8th Ave or one of the other many surrounding streets
There will be parking available at
- The Gulch Crossings (enter off of Demonbreun)
- Corner of 12th Ave South and Division
- 915 Division Street Lot
- Lot off of Pine Street